Bring your business to West Cork and you’ll be in good company. We’re proud of our long established sectors like manufacturing and thrive on watching the growing number of companies that are now setting up in West Cork. Read our top 7 reasons below as to why you should open your Irish business in West Cork.
- Proximity to the UK and European Marketplace
- Our location makes us the perfect base. Located close to Cork airport which has connections to most major cities in Europe. Ease of access and a quality passenger experience in a state of the art new terminal are hallmarks of Cork Airport. In fact many of Discover Ireland Guests have commented on the ease of transit through Cork Airport compared with other international Airports of its size and it is fast becoming more popular as the access airport for trips to Ireland. An export focused business or a business which requires frequent overseas travel can now be run conveniently from West Cork.
2. Access to Skilled Workforce
- We’ve got a wealth of existing enthusiastic skilled workers and graduates from our Irish universities. West Cork provides a sustainable environment for business to thrive in and for people to love living in. Graduates are available from University College Cork and Cork Institute of Technology.
- Buying or renting in West Cork will be cheaper than Cork City. Indeed, your staff will benefit from lower priced rent or a lower mortgage on their home and your business will be able to negotiate lower commercial rent for your business premises than you would pay in larger cities in Ireland. There is an abundant supply of commercial property in the West Cork area and some truly remarkable properties.
4. Exceptional Quality of Life
- Your business will be located in on of the most beautiful parts of Ireland. The scenery in West Cork is breath taking. The landscape is dotted with historic sites and seeped in significant Irish history and tradition. West Cork is described, by those that have experienced it, as “A World Apart”. The beauty of West Cork is matched only by the food they produce. West Cork’s farmers, award-winning artisan producers and chefs are leading Ireland’s culinary revolution. From traditional pubs to world-class restaurants, at local farmers’ markets, and long-established food festivals, you can enjoy great food right across West Cork. West Cork is both very Irish, and quite cosmopolitan – for many have ‘blown-in’ on the winds and stayed to make this beautiful place their home. In West Cork you will find hardworking towns but also towns that enjoy a great work life balance.
5. Communications Infrastructure
- High speed fibre optic broadband is now available in the larger towns in West Cork which supports the international connectivity of your business. Other private providers are supporting more rural areas of West Cork with access to rapid broadband.
6. Access to Finance
- The largest banks in Ireland have local branches in the main towns in West Cork including Bandon, Clonakilty, Kinsale, Skibbereen, Bantry and Dunmanway.
7. Supportive Business Community
- Local Supports, this website provides you with local business contacts for professionals and service providers such as auctioneers, website design experts, solicitors and accountants all of whom are located in the West Cork area and can support you with setting up your business in Ireland. We also run a networking group where you will get the opportunity to network and meet like-minded professionals in the West Cork area. Enterprise Ireland and our local enterprise office can also be contacted for targeted business support.
Add to this the general benefits of opening a business in Ireland such as our low rate of corporation tax of 12.5%, extensive double taxation agreements and access to R&D tax credits. Ireland is a country that is extremely supportive of entrepreneurs seeking to start up a new business venture and has a consistent, decades-long policy of welcoming foreign-owned business.
Where else in Ireland can you fly into from a European city, work, eat award-winning food and enjoy a walk on the beach in the evening? Now is the time to start exploring opportunities for your business in West Cork.